"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves."
(1993) ~ Anna Quindlen ~

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Author Liesbet Slegers, Children's Books

I wanted to share two different children book series written by the talented writer Liesbet Slegers.



The Guess What series contains titles that include but not limited to,Guess What I Hear?, Guess What I See? Guess Who I Am? and Guess What I Feel?

Clavis Books
$7.95US/$8.95/CAN






As we all know children love to play guessing games, and Ms. Slegers uses this inquisitive approach to engage young toddlers. After listening to the question, they will see four pictures on the facing page to choose an answer. By choosing correctly they will make a text connection. They get to find out by lifting a flap what the answer should be. I love the responsive Q & A format of this series and I know children will love them too.

For example: Drip. Splash. Water is falling from the sky. Drip. Splash. It falls on the flowers and on the grass... What do I hear?





The Kevin and Katie series is about two small children who face familiar events all young kids experience at some time. The simply drawn pudgy characters look like early childhood drawings. Their clothes stand out in bold primary colors often revealing a little belly button adding to their loving appeal for children.
Clavis Books
$12.95US/$13.95/CAN
Reading Level: 7+




Some titles that were examined were Kevin and Katie, Katie Moves, Kevin Discovers Spring, Katie Discovers Summer, Kevin Goes to School. You can't miss with these stories that hit upon the heart of the emotions and the wonder of new life experiences. Appropriate for 2+ years.

Thanks to Independent Publishers Group for providing review copies.

No comments: